Your business plan should follow the outline provided by the Competition Committee. Each class will outline the requirements for the topic covered, e.g. Marketing Plan format will be covered in the Marketing Plan Class.
The judges are looking for a business plan that meets the following criteria:
- A convincing plan that is extremely well researched and written
- A plan that is thorough and addresses the elements listed in the Business Plan Outline as applicable to your particular business
- A plan that describes a business that is viable and likely to succeed
Additional consideration is given to the following:
1. A clear need and use for the $7,500 award - plans should explain the impact of the award.
2. The positive impact the business will have on the community - the role your business will play in providing needed products or services, jobs, ecological alternatives, neighborhood revitalization, assistance to the underserved, stimulus to the local economy, etc.