The K-Factor podcast is produced by CHYE - Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs in partnership with community news website COLlive.com.
The K-Factor offers business wisdom that can help future business leaders to make the "Keli" (the Hebrew word for vessel) so they can grow their business aspirations.
Episode #45 Yochanan Polter “Raising funds for a startup”
Yochanan is the CEO of PawnGuru a marketplace that interfaces between consumers and pawnshops. Active in alternative financial services for the last 10 years. Yochana founded Polter Financial Group in 2007, a asset manager for life settlement portfolios. Yochanan is also co-founder and managing partner of Accelerated Life Solutions, a national life settlement brokerage firm with offices in MI and FL.
In this interview Yochanan shares:
· Following the Yad Hashem
· Wearing your yeshiva education with pride
· Finding a gap in industry
· How to test your idea against the market
· How to bootstrap
· The understanding the role of SEO
· How to obtain funding for your startup
· Understanding the mindset of a VC
· The value of participating in a Accelerator
To recommend someone for an interview and to reach Rabbi Werde, email Rabbiw@chye.info